Health & Life Skills
Programs in Health and Life Skills develop young people’s capacity to engage in positive behaviors that nurture their own well‐being, set personal goals and live successfully as self‐sufficient adults.
Passport to Manhood
- For Ages 6‐18 MALE ONLY; Fall, Spring & Summer Sessions
- Promotes and teaches responsibility through highly interactive small‐group sessions, with an emphasis on positive behavior and personal growth.
Triple Play’s Healthy Habits
Designed to incorporate healthy living and active learning in every part of the Club experience, Healthy Habits emphasizes good nutrition, regular physical activity and improving overall well-being. The program, for ages 6 to 18, is the “Mind” component of Triple Play: A Game Plan for the Mind, Body and Soul.
- For Ages 6‐18 FEMALE ONLY; Fall, Spring & Summer Sessions
- For Ages 6‐10 Pretty Princesses!
- For Ages 11‐13 Girl Talk!
- For Ages 14‐18 SISTER 2 SISTER!
- SMART Girls programs promote health, fitness, prevention, education, self‐esteem and good decision‐making to enable girls to develop their full potential.
- For Ages 6‐9; Fall, Spring & Summer Sessions
- A national educational program which celebrates dental health through engaging, interactive sessions, fun activities and events, and a supportive website.
- For Ages 6‐18; Spring & Summer Sessions
- This prevention and education program addresses drug, alcohol and tobacco use and premature sexual activity through discussion with staff and peer leaders.
Dental Care – Herbert Hoover Club Dental Clinic
- For Ages 6‐18
- Regular check‐ups, dental services, even orthodontics provided by dentists from Saint Louis University ‐ all at no additional charge after $25 membership fee!
- For Ages 13‐18; Fall, Spring & Summer Sessions
- Peers provide other members with accurate information on a variety of teen health concerns through frank and open conversations.
Vision Care – Eyecare Charity of Mid-America Vision Clinic (Herbert Hoover and Adams Park Clubs)
- For ages 6 to 18
- All members receive free annual eye exams and are eligible for free glasses at the Eyecare Charity of Mid-America Vision Clinics!